Please make note of the following important items:
- HOURS – School hours are 9:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. (except for Wednesday when the hours are 9:20 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.) Students should not be dropped off at school prior to 8:40 a.m. and all students must be picked up by 3:40 p.m. If for some reason you are going to be late for school in the morning or picking up in the afternoon, please call the office. As we all know the local construction has impacted traffic in the area so please make sure you leave yourself enough time to get here.
- PICK UP – If someone other than usual will be picking up your child from school (babysitter, grandparent, going home with another student, etc.), please be sure that Jill knows. There is a sheet posted outside the office where you can write down your child’s name, and who is picking up. In addition, please make sure your child knows who is picking them up. If you have to unexpectedly have someone pick up your child, please call the office and let Jill know.
- CLOTHES – Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in his or her locker. This is important for students of all ages at TNS as many of our projects are very hands on and can be messy. Remember to replace the clothes if your child has to use them.
- FOOD – Every child needs to bring a snack and lunch each day with the exception of Wednesday-snack only and Friday-snack and money to buy pizza or a sub (students are welcome to bring their lunch on Friday if they do not wish to purchase lunch). Pizza is $1.50 a slice and subs are $2.50 for half of a small sub or $5.00 for a whole small sub. Please note the following items with regard to food:
* The microwave is only available for use during lunch, please do not send microwavable items for snack
* Younger class students are not permitted to bring in anything that needs to be microwaved for more than ONE minute (for example, if you are sending in a frozen meal or
macaroni and cheese mix, please cook it at home first and then we can just reheat it.)
* Reminder, Younger and Middle classes are nut free.
- HOLIDAYS – We love our diverse population here at TNS and do our best to accommodate holidays. The New School is closed next Monday, September 17, in observance of Rosh Hashanah. We inadvertently scheduled school on September 26, Yom Kippur (a day we usually close) so this year school WILL be open on that day. We apologize for this error and respect and understand if your child stays home on Yom Kippur to be with family. If your family observes a holiday that is not on the TNS calendar, feel free to keep your child home to celebrate but please just let us know. Thank you.
- SHOES – Please remind your children that shoes are to be taken off and put on the shoe rack when entering the building (many older classers have been forgetting to take off their shoes). Any child is welcome to bring in slippers or “inside shoes” if they prefer.
We are off to a great start and look forward to another fun-filled year at The New School! Thank you for your cooperation.